allows you to interactively subdivide (cut up) geometry by drawing lines.
When you make a cut, it has to originate from a vertex or an edge. You can't create vertices inside faces.
With miauu's Scalpel
- Snap the cut point to the nearest(to the mouse cursor) vertex (Auto and Manual mode provided).
- Snap the cut point to the center(midpoint) of the nearest edge(Auto and Manual mode provided).
- Snap the cut point along edge's length to set a precise cut location(in percentages of edge's length). The smallest percentage that can be set is 0.5%.
- Snap the cut point along edge's length to set a precise cut location(using the system units). The smallest value that can be set is 0.01 units.
- Make perpendicular cut from vertex to edge or from one edge to another using two different options:
- the cut line is perpendicular to the snapped edge
- the cut line is perpendicular to the edges from which the cut starts
- Use the default QuickSlice with snapping to predefined angles.
- Use a small heads up display of data related to the current cut point as a position along the edge as a percentage, the two distance values indicating the distance to either point in the cut edge, and the total length of the edge.
- See the options for the tool in the Prompt line.
- Change the values of the Snap Step and the Snap Angle while you cut.
- The mouse cursor must be over the object you cut when you click with the mouse buttons. Otherwise the clicks will not be detected.
- While you are performing a cut the Snap Step can be changed only using the spinner's arrows.
Works with Editable Poly objects and Edit Poly modifier.
+ NEW: Added support for 3ds Max 2021.
+ NEW: Added Perpendicular cut - the cut line is perpendicular to the edges from which the cut starts.
+ NEW: Added Snap Step in Scene Units.
+ NEW: Added viewport marker that shows the starting point from which the script measures the percentage/Distance1 along the snapped edge.
+ NEW: Added "D" key to change the starting point.
+ NEW: added UNDO button.
+ NEW: Added make perpendicular cut from vertex to edge or from one edge to another.
+ NEW: added support for Edit Poly modifier.
Amazing functionality. This is the "missing ingredient" for Cut/QS tool for many years.
And finally, you make it works like a BOSS :)
Keep up good work, man. +1
I have tried this tool and yes it fix the max default cut tool. So there is no half splited edges or unprecision resulting in vertices I’m the middle of nowhere. I approve that tool ! It should replace totally the default cut tool or default paint connect tool.